Hi, I’m Leo, and I am One Happy Widow. I would like to share my experiences as a widow finding happiness in my life, and help others do the same.
Wherever you are in the grieving process, I want to help you process that grief and make the most of the life you still have.
I am a school teacher who became widowed in 2017 at the age of 43. I still had all 4 of my children living at home, and my life changed overnight. After spending time stuck in some of the stages of grief, I gave myself permission to find joy and happiness and I set out to do that. Now I want to share my experience with other widowed people and try to help them also.
I have over 20 years of teaching experience in the areas of math, history, and special education. I have a son on the Autism spectrum, and all four of my children have manifested their grief in various ways. They have taught me so much about the grieving process and how it affects everyone differently.
Just for fun, here is a list of 10 things about me:
- I taught myself how to sew by watching YouTube videos
- I have Hashimoto’s disease
- I have 3 college degrees
- I have remarried since I became widowed- and he’s a widower as well
- I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 47
- I was a guest on the Jerry Springer show- and I didn’t fight or strip lol
- I have 5 tattoos
- I lean towards natural parenting- including home birthing, homeschooling, and cloth diapering
- I love binge watching Netflix
- I currently have 10 humans and 2 dogs living in my house!